Koh Lanta is one of the most beautiful islands of Asia. Located in Thailand and engraved in the striking sea of Andaman, this archipelago is made of more or less 52 islands. Though the group of islands is known for its magnificent beauty, it has still not developed to that extent. Therefore, lots of worldwide travelers simply ignore the wonderful island destination Koh Lanta while planning their trips to Thailand.
All isles of Koh Lanta are part of the Krabi province. Majority of them are yet to be developed. Therefore, tourism has not flourished in the entire archipelago. It is limited only to the west shoreline of Koh Lanta, which is famous for ‘Koh Lanta Yai’, the largest island of the chain.
3 Major Beaches of Koh Lanta
Being one of the most beautiful islands in Asia, Koh Lanta houses a number of outstanding beaches. We have listed down 3 of them, which are comparatively more popular:
- Klong Dao: There are lots of beaches scattered around Koh Lanta. But Klong Dao is the busiest one among them. It is much closer to the village Ban Saladan. Hence, tourists can take advantage of a wide variety of eateries, a couple of mini markets, quite a few ATMs, and so on. Major attraction of Klong Dao is shallow sea water and long stretch of white sand along the shoreline. However, the lodging options found in this beach are not that affordable.
- Phra Ae / Long Beach: Phra Ae is the second most significant beach of Koh Lanta. People who are interested in visiting amazing islands of Asia should never miss out Phra Ae. Situated in the southern part of Klong Dao, this pristine beach is known to have the longest stretch of unsoiled sand on entire Koh Lanta. Hence, it is called the ‘Long Beach’. The water here is deep enough with very little waves, and travelers simply love to enjoy swimming in it. Accommodation is very cheap in Phra Ae. Moreover, the calm and quite environment makes it a great holiday destination for visitors.
- Klong Khong: If you go along the southern coastline of the Long Beach, you will reach Klong Khong. It is relatively smaller than the other two beaches, and has gained popularity for its picturesque view. Those who love to spend their holidays at secluded beaches should opt for Klong Khong without any hesitation.
Some Facts to Know about Koh Lanta Trip
Before you plan your next trip to this marvelous island in Thailand, here are some quick facts for you:
- Always choose a low season for your visit. It will provide you more choices of lodging and eating, and you can also avail a lot of discounts.
- November to April is the best time to plan a trip to Koh Lanta as all transport services are available during this time.
- You can reach the main island via regular boats, minivan, car ferries, etc.
Hope this information will be helpful for tourists who want to visit Koh Lanta, one of the most beautiful islands of Asia, and enjoy a memorable holiday experience.